Since the iPhone was first introduced in 2007, the amount of smartphone users has continued to grow. With so many people now using it to access the web (for products and services), this presents a great opportunity for businesses with mobile-friendly websites.
All standard websites can be accessed from smartphones. But the problem is they are not mainly designed or built for smartphone screens.
Mobile-unfriendly sites are hard to read and navigate on smartphones. Key information is not prominently shown. Sites take too long to load. They also look messed up.
Besides, mobile users constantly zoom and slide their screen while browsing. This creates a frustrating user experience, as mobile users of today are rarely just surfing the web. They are looking to access specific information about your business very quickly. Otherwise they go elsewhere and this means you lose out to your competition.
Check out your website on a smartphone (e.g. iphone) and see what it looks like. If you are getting all or any one of the above mentioned problems, then your site is not mobile-friendly. Don’t let your competition leave you behind. The mobile world is huge and getting bigger each day. You should be getting your piece of its growth.
- your site will be ideal for profit pulling QR Code mobile marketing campaigns
- it will get you highly targeted web leads and keen buyers via smartphones
- it eliminates the need for your prospects to zoom or slide their phone screens
- you will be able to acquire mobilised prospects ahead of your competition
- mobile customers can load your website quickly and clearly view your details
- your website pages get easier for mobilised visitors to access and navigate
- customers are easily able to contact your business with ‘Tap To Call’ feature
- your site will look very professional to attract and captivate mobilised visitors
- There are now over 5 billion mobile phone users around the world (CBS news)
- 6 in 10 visitors to a mobile-unfriendly website will leave to go elsewhere (Google)
- There are over 1 billion smartphone users globally (Strategy Analytics)
- 62% of the entire adult population in the UK alone have a smartphone (Ofcom)
- 80% of people who use the internet are smartphone owners (GlobalWebIndex)
- 61% of local searches on a mobile phone leads to a phone call (Google)
- 91% of all smartphone users have their phone with them 24/7 (Morgan Stanley)
- 74% of smartphone users do shopping with their phones, 79% end up as buyers
- 70% of all mobile searches result in action within an hour (Mobile Marketer)